Next Generation science standards
For our Science portion of our class we will be using the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) as a guide.
- 6th grade studies Earth Science
- 7th grade studies Life Science
- 8th grade studies Physical Science
- 6th grade studies key parts of Earth, Life and Physical Science
- 7th grade studies key parts of Earth, Life and Physical Science
- 8th grade studies key parts of Earth, Life and Physical Science
In addition to the NGSS, students will learn components of Computer Science. I believe Computer Science is our future and the more students engage in it, the more prepared they can be to make decisions about their future and how they want to shape it. We will be using curriculum from Code.org, a non-profit organization most notably for putting on the annual Hour of Code worldwide event, which urges anyone to try to code at all levels.